"There is no greater reward than being able to help a sick child."
The Children's Hospital of Orange County, affectionately known to all as CHOC, is the charity
we are supporting on this year's tour.
rated 4 stars by The Charity Navigator, your donation is, of course, tax deductible and the
money collected goes to help children with health issues from all over the country...
Regardless of their ability to pay.
can, to this deserving charity. Here's more information on what this caring organization
"Since opening our doors in 1964, CHOC Children's has provided the highest quality medical care to children. Our regional health system includes a
state-of-the-art 238 bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo, and five community clinics — plus
over 100 additional programs and services. With admissions growing by 95% since 1998, CHOC and CHOC at Mission combined rank as the 18th
busiest children’s hospital in the country.
OUR MISSION AND VISION:
Our Mission: To nurture, advance and protect the health and well-being of children.
Our Vision: To achieve national recognition as a premier children's hospital.
SERVING THOSE IN NEED
Our mission is straightforward: To nurture, advance and protect the health and well-being of children. That’s why at CHOC and CHOC at Mission, we
are dedicated to working cooperatively — assisting and enriching existing services as well as developing programs to benefit the families of Orange
County. In fiscal year 2005, over 200,000 children came through our doors for inpatient, outpatient and emergency room visits — regardless of their
family’s ability to pay.
CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County. Since opening its doors, CHOC has led the way in many areas of
pediatric health care. Click here for list of CHOC firsts.
LOCAL AND NATIONAL RECOGNITION
* CHOC Children's is the only children's hospital in the state to earn the Silver Level CAPE Award from the California Council for Excellence (CCE).
The CAPE Award is the highest recognition in California for performance excellence.
* The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at CHOC Children's Hospital is the first pediatric unit in the nation to be honored with the Beacon Award for
Critical Care Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. This distinction represents extraordinary commitment to high-quality
critical care standards and dedication to the exceptional care of patients and their families.
* Dr. Gary Goodman, Medical Director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at CHOC Children's at Mission Hospital, was named a 2008 Hospital Hero
by the Hospital Association of Southern California.
* CHOC Children’s is the proud recipient of the Ventana Research 2008 Overall Business Performance Leadership Award. The Ventana Research
Performance Management Leadership Awards recognize organizations that have demonstrated leadership in orchestrating people, process,
information and technology for optimum business impact.
* CHOC has been awarded “Magnet recognition” for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). CHOC now joins an
elite group of hospitals nationwide – including only 24 children’s hospitals in the country – that has achieved this distinction.
* Dana Bledsoe, Vice President of Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer, was recognized with the Excellence in Leadership Award from
the Association of California Nurse Leaders.
* The CHOC Foundation has been named a "Four Star Charity" by Charity Navigator
* CHOC has been recognized with the Bronze Level CAPE Award from the California Council for Excellence (CCE). CHOC is the only children's
hospital in California to ever earn this distinction and the only Orange County-based organization honored this year.
* CHOC is One of Only Eight Children's Hospitals Named to the "Leapfrog 2009 Top Hospitals" List
* CHOC was recently awarded the Excellence in Patient Safety & Health Care Quality Award."
Thank you for your generosity.