"Horse Capital of the World"
Here's what the Lexington Convention & Visitors Bureau says
is so special about the Bluegrass Region of Kentucky:
"As you might expect in the Horse Capital of the World, we have horses! But in Lexington's Bluegrass Region, there
are hundreds of exciting things to see & experience."
Here's their Top 10 list to get you started..."
1. See over 50 breeds of horses at the Kentucky Horse Park.
2. Try your luck at Keeneland Race Course during a race meet, or tour the grounds year round.
3. Meet our four-footed celebrities in their own homes on a Horse Farm Tour.
4. Indulge in delightful dining at one of our world-class, independently owned restaurants.
5. Visit four period Historic Homes of the area's most famous citizens.
6. Wander through the restored Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, the largest in the world.
7. Discover world-class Shopping in the heart of the Bluegrass.
8. Celebrate the living history of Kentucky Bourbon at four historic distilleries: The Woodford Reserve Distillery,
Buffalo Trace, Four Roses and Wild Turkey. These aren't just "visitor experiences"! These are real working distilleries.
9. Explore the scenic beauty of horse farm country with a Bluegrass Country Cycling Tour. You'll find our roads are
scenic and lightly traveled.
10. Enjoy shops, galleries, restaurants and historic sights in historic Downtown Lexington.
-Thomas Henry Huxley
|Downtown Lexington awaits
Possum is good to eat.