August 22 - 29*2011
Welcome to the "Oregon Cycling Odyssey" website.
Here's why you're going to love this year's adventure in Oregon...
The tour will headquarter at the beautiful Hilton Hotel in downtown, Eugene.
For those who live in California, this cycling & hiking paradise is right in your back
yard. That means "The Big O" is easily accessible by ground or air. For those traveling
by air, the tour has been timed to coincide with the dominant air carrier's flight schedule.
Located in the western part of the state, the city of Eugene reigns supreme as the jewel
of Oregon's lush Willamette Valley. You'll find this region ideal for sightseeing, hiking
and, of course, some world class cycling. For those who care to indulge, the valley
communities offer diverse cultural actives, with numerous restaurants, art galleries,
museums, and groups performing ballet, opera, theater and symphony.
Eugene, nicknamed Tracktown or The Emerald City, has an official slogan,
"World's Greatest City of the Arts and Outdoors." The area is one of the most
"Bike-Friendly" communities in the USA, offering miles of paths along city streets,
past gardens, parks, wetlands, vineyards, orchards and along the banks of the mighty
Willamette River. And as a bonus- located just a few blocks from your hotel is the
worlds largest duck sanctuary: The University of Oregon.
OREGON STATE MOTTO
Alis Volat Propriis, "She flies with her own wings." I liked it, so I included here.
OREGON CYCLING ODYSSEY SUMMARY
- Trip Dates: August 22-29, 2011
- Start & End Location: Eugene, OR
- Hotels: Hilton & the Red Lion in Eugene
- Meals Included: Hot buffet breakfast every morning & 1 dinner
- Happy Hour: Every Evening
- Support: Limited while cycling
- Physical Difficulty: Something for everyone. Easy to challenging
- Charity Supported: National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS)
- Easy access to Eugene from SoCal
- Four Star lodging & a 4 star breakfast
- Recession friendly prices in USD ($)
- Great weather. It only rains in the winter. Really!
- Amazing cycling, hiking, dining and entertainment
- Happy hour with lots of H-A-P-P-Y provided
- Celebration Dinner at tours end
- Lightly trafficked routes
- An all adult cycling experience
- Bicycle factory tour
- Wineries, Breweries & Distilleries
- A Directeur's Choice Rating: 10 plus!
- The world's most interesting & beautiful jersey
So there you have it. An active vacation planned to please you and break the hearts of
those tour companies who design their programs for profit. Turn on the green in Eugene
this summer for the ride of your life.